Evernote is a free and convenient notetaking software to help you manage your personal information. You could gather all the notes, ideas, inspiration, mindstors or webpages in one place.
Evernote uses tags and notebook stack to manage all the stored notes. For notes list, there are 3 view mode: List, Snippet and Thumbnail. Then you could create, manage, search in a rather easy way.
An useful feature is that Evernote can sync your local note database to the cloud. Then you will work on your note database across mutiple computers and devices. Save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see.
Run EvernotePortable.exe to launch Evernote Portable. The Evernote Portable does NOT contain IE Clip and Outlook Add-in features.
The local files (Database) of Evernote Portable is the [Data] subfolder by default. If you want to chang it, you need to edit the EvernotePortable.ini file and set the value of the DataBaseFolder item. For example: DataBaseFolder=D:\Evernote\Database
The Evernote 5 has over a hundred improvements and enhancements. The interface looks more modern and let you access the things you want more easily. The new search and discovery functions help you find what you're looking for intelligently, and sometimes surface relevant information before you even think to look.
What's new in Evernote for Windows 126.96.36.19963:
- New user checklist teaches business users about Evernote for Windows
- New Notebook picker. You can now type to select notebooks throughout the app
- Improved search for Korean characters
- Email confirmation: Users can now verify that their email address is correct and up to date within Evernote for Windows. This helps us make sure we can send you reset password emails and other important information
- Sync error in China has been fixed!