MakeMKV is a free DVD and Blu-ray converter that could simply convert DVD or Blu-ray videos to MKV files. Then you could play MKV videos everywhere.
MakeMKV could open and convert ISO files (*.iso), DVD-Videos files (VIDEO_TS.IFO), Blu-ray files (index.bdmv, INDEX.BDM, MovieObject.bdmv, MOVIEOBJ.BDM, MKB_RO.inf, discatt.dat), HD-DVD files (DISCID.DATA, HVA00001.VTI, MKBROM.AACS, discatt.dat) and also MKV files (*.mkv) to MKV.
Note: Run MakeMKVPortable.exe to launch MakeMKV Portable. MakeMKV Portable was updated to version 1.8.2 on 2013/5/15.
Features of MakeMKV Portable:
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
What's new in MakeMKV v1.8.2:
- Bug fixes:Randomly, MakeMKV could hang during eject, leaving console portion running in background
- Expert mode:MKV track flags may be changed in GUI
- Expert mode:Forced tracks may be automatically marked as default in conversion profile
- Expert mode:Navigation keys may be used in property editor