MakeMKV is a free DVD and Blu-ray converter that could simply convert DVD or Blu-ray videos to MKV files. Then you could play MKV videos everywhere.
MakeMKV could open and convert ISO files (*.iso), DVD-Videos files (VIDEO_TS.IFO), Blu-ray files (index.bdmv, INDEX.BDM, MovieObject.bdmv, MOVIEOBJ.BDM, MKB_RO.inf, discatt.dat), HD-DVD files (DISCID.DATA, HVA00001.VTI, MKBROM.AACS, discatt.dat) and also MKV files (*.mkv) to MKV.
Features of MakeMKV Portable:
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
How to use MakeMKV Portable
Download the file MakeMKVPortable_1.15.3.paf.exe, unzip or unpack it, then run MakeMKVPortable.exe to launch the MakeMKV Portable v1.15.3.
What's new in MakeMKV Portable v1.15.3
- Massive internal rewrite, many bugfixes.
- Improved handling for discs with mastering errors.
- Brand new network code, it is now possible to set proxy server in preferences, to access network over TOR/VPN.
- MakeMKV now can extract Dolby Vision metadata from elementary stream data and rebuild missing or invalid DV descriptors.
- Drive speed control update - MakeMKV now forces low speed when reading data around disc edges, working around firmware bugs.
- Bug fixes: Program could hang or crash when converting files with many audio streams.
- Bug fixes: On some multi-segment sources with LPCM audio program failed to produce MKV file.
- Bug fixes: Program could crash when producing testdump or when conversion failed.
- Bug fixes: On 32-bit x86 system program could run out of memory on big mult-segment sources.