App Full Description >>
IsoBuster is a powerful data recovery tool. IsoBuster supports all the different CD and DVD readers out there, it also supports Hard Drives all possible memory cards, USB sticks, Image Files and all the different File-Systems etc.
Use IsoBuster to rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD, DVD or a Blu Ray disc. And Recover deleted files from a Hard Drive, Memory card or of from flash media that Windows says needs to be formatted.
Note: Run IsoBusterPortable.exe to launch IsoBuster Portable.
IsoBuster Portable was updated to version to 3.2 Stable on 2013/7/10.
Features of IsoBuster Free:
- Creating and opening of normal image files
- Creating and opening of managed image files (may move to the Pro part in the future)
- Scanning for missing files and folders (is not the actual extraction of the files)
- Surface Scan (on CD and DVD)
- Mount Rainier remapping
- Extract From - To (on CD and DVD)
- Sector View on CD and DVD
- Extraction of tracks and sessions (CD, DVD, BD and HD DVD)
- Support for virtual sessions inside one physical
- Extraction from (S)VCD
- Extraction from CD-i
- Extraction from the ISO9660 file-system
- Extraction from the Joliet file-system
- Extraction from the Rock Ridge file-system
What's new in IsoBuster 3.2?
- Further improved the UAC experience by tweaking and fixing issues. The experience is still the same as described in previous release.
- Remove duplicate partitions (for instance when there's a GPT but the MBR fields still point to valid partitions as well).
- Ways to dump all sectors that are being read to log files (for debug purposes) (support for *.ibdat and *.ibadr).
- Added .bkf file type recognition to the file-signature scan.
- Further improved the ListView Columns' drag behaviour by working around (Builder) VCL limits/bugs.
- An NTFS file also gets the Sparse property now when it's not fragmented (and not only when its extents are sparse)
- Display the File's start LBA for a sparse file, except when the first extent is sparse, then "Sparse" is displayed
- Added Full Path(s) and Start and Finish processing time to the MD5 file (as comments).
- Ability (set via options) to store and restore the position of the main form (instead of always centered).
- Added *.dd to the supported image files.
- Recognize EXT SuperBlock when trying to determine the blocksize of an image (for instance a Linux made .dd file with an EXT1,2,3 or 4 file-system).
- Improved handling of NTFS MFT embedded files during the scan for missing files based on their signature
- Various improvemens to reduce false positives during scanning for missing files and folders.
- Various other smaller GUI improvements