Stardock Fences is an free and innovative desktop icons organizer. Fences will create several fence to place various desktop icons and group them automatically later.
You can just create a couple of empty fences to start, then you could manually drag icons to the specific fence. For extra-messy desktops, just perform a ont-time sorting of shortcuts, files and folders into fences.
Note: Befor you launch Fences, you MUST install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2 Redistributable Package. Fences 2.10 is not freeware any more. You have 30 day trial of Fences Portable 2.10.
Features of Fences:
What's new in Fences 2.10?
- New: Persistent fences (and their icons) across pages
- New: Network drive connection detection. Fences will attempt to recreate mapped folder locations on a reboot.
- New: Page indicator. Skinnable via editing graphics in Images folder.
- New: Added ability to reset appearance of All Fences
- Fixed: Recycle bin jumps out of Fence
- Fixed: Right click actions make files jump into the same fence
- Fixed: Unable to move portal fence if title is off
- Fixed: “Sort by” appears twice for folder fences with labels hidden
- Fixed: icons would fall out of fence when ran if partially hidden
- Fixed: You can no longer page onto blank screens (unless dragging an icon or a fence).
- Fixed: When dragging a fence to a new page, you no longer endlessly scroll to new pages if you stay on the edge.
- New option visible in FolderView pane when Aero is disabled: "Display incompatibility warning when Aero is disabled".
- Can also toggle via registry - "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stardock\Fences\Tips\NeverWarnAboutAero" = 0x00000001 (DWORD 32bit)
Download Stardock Fences
FencesPortable_2.10_English.paf.exe | 5.87 MB
@ThinstallSoft.com | Fences Portable 2.10 Download Page | Old Versions
Download Fences Portable 1.01.143 (Freeware)
Fences_ThinstallSoft.zip | 4.3 MB
@ThinstallSoft.com | Fences Portable 1.01.143 Download Page
Please be aware that Fences Portable here is NOT a truly portable app, you should run !)Install.bat as Administrator firstly and then run Fences.exe to launch it.